Saturday, December 5, 2015

Ogre Kingdoms, back when there was a place called Middenheim...

My only Warhammer Fantasy army-

I miss the Old World, and the great, huge, ravenous 
Ogres were the best part of it.

This post features my highly converted Ogre Butcher.
I had an idea for a Games Day project, but
as I saw the sort of thing other people were bringing
to the table, I decided it would be for my own
army instead. A wise decision, as my sculpting skills
still left a lot to be desired.

Below: Here is a multi-view of my work in progress.  Lots of Green Stuff, some Brown Stuff, and plasticard. I was new to the game, and didn't know anything about Ironguts, or this whole thing would have been much easier. I wouldn't have had to remodel the arms to be holding a weapon overhead, for instance; Ironguts come that way. *sigh*
My friend, Steve Gurke gave me some helpful ideas as I was sculpting all the extra fat.




Below: Here he is all painted and pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment