Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Picts. Do They Even Plaid?

Shadows Over Camelot
The Four Picts

Not much of an invasion force.

Below: Here they are, first with just the primer, and then with a 
brown wash to show the details, what few there are
with this quality material.

Notice the faces. They look very expressive if
you're never planning to paint them. 
When you start painting the details though, 
you  realize how odd the details are.

Below: I tried something new. Usually I'm painting NMM, but I've been 
using metallic paints for most of this project.
In this case, I wanted to paint bronze metal. I mixed
green paint into my metallic bronze paint.

Below: These are the colors I'm using for my flesh tone.

I hadn't painted skin in a long time, so remembering how I need to
approach it took some experimentation.
Here we have one and most of one done. Two others have a base coat applied.


Below: Plaid britches. What do you want? They're Picts, not Scottish Highlanders.

Below: I used the same green process on their kilts as I used on Merlin's cape. 
Then I used some purple wash in a few areas to deepen the shading.
And I'm sure you noticed that the bronze is done. I used the same gold process on them 
as I did on Merlin's gold staff tip, except I added some Liquitex Silver Ink to 
the mix for a bit of sparkle.

Below: Here they are, all finished. Front view and then back view.
Interesting to note how the faces look so different when each
figure was the same.



Coming Soon...
The Saxon Invasion!

More thrilling adventures in Camelot!


No comments:

Post a Comment