Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Return to Camelot... more work in progress

Of course we must start with
Arthur
King of the Britons!

This is the image I used for my color scheme. I've been painting these for my friend's Shadows Over Camelot game. The models themselves are not the best casts. The sculpts probably started out looking good, but by the time all factors play out, it's soft vinyl plastic, huge mold lines and bizarre casting problems, as we saw with Sir Kay's face in a previous post.

Using the Shadows Over Camelot models as a warm up to get back in to painting again has been a huge success for me. I'm not spending a whole lot of time on each one, but I'm dusting off long-forgotten techniques, and trying them all out. It's been very enjoyable.
The only technique I didn't try on these was the Non-metallic Metals, because, well, I just wanted to slap the metallic paint on and give it a wash and be done.
I did learn one thing from this project. I need more practice using metallic paint. I'm fine with NMM, but true metallics are something I only aspire to at this point. Please don't laugh. :)

Above: A group shot of them with only the metallics applied.

Below: King Arthur, front view and back view.

Below: We see colors applied, and the palette of colors I used in the background. I started with a straight red. The dark color, used for shading, was red mixed with green. I also used orange, and red mixed with orange. 
In this picture, King Arthur has no lightest highlights yet.


 Here is the finished King Arthur.
Ready for tabletop play.



No comments:

Post a Comment