Friday, November 6, 2015

Shadows Over Camelot - Sir Percival

 The second of my
Knights of the Round Table

The white game piece in Shadows Over Camelot. I painted him to look like the art on
the character card.

Below: The front view. His face is done. Note the mold line running down the center of his face.
Cloak hasn't been painted yet.

 Below: And here's the back view. I would end up spending more time painting this than the finished
picture would lead you to believe. It's been a long time since I painted white.


Below: This is the palette of colors I used. I like to have warm tones as well as cool tones in my whites. As I painted it, I was remembering that the darkest darks on white are actually pretty light. I 
had to go back and paint over some areas to lighten them up a bit.

You'll see this dish of water on my palette all the time. It's a soda cap full of water. I use it to dip my brush in so I can thin my paint as I work. So much handier than constantly going back to my brush rinsing cup all the time, or thinning a whole bunch of paint at once and watching it run all over the palette.

Sir Percival finished!
You wouldn't guess that all those colors above are used on this cloak, would you?

And the white band around the base, because he is the white game piece in Shadows Over Camelot.


No comments:

Post a Comment