Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Once Upon A Time...blah blah blah, Dark Angels, blah blah blah...

Once Upon A Time...blah blah blah, Dark Angels, blah blah blah...


The many angles of
the painted
Interrogator Chaplain

The first model assembled for my Dark Angels army, back in 2007.
That was also the very first year Jim and I went to Games Day Chicago. I brought my Chaplain, and a Chaos Spawn to enter into the Golden Demons. I had no idea what to expect. I believe that's the year a bunch of people who are now my friends decided to do a challenge where they each made a Primarch. So many amazing models in the Single Figure category. I knew I had no chance at a Demon, but I made the cut with him, so I was happy.
Unexpectedly, the Chaos Spawn won a Bronze that year, so I was really happy about that.



Lots of freehand on this guy too, which was another grand experiment.
Looking back on it, so many things I would do differently. Amazing what a few years of experience, and the influence of other artists will do to your work.



I started with an old metal Terminator Chaplain model, but he seemed so puny next to the brand new plastic Terminators that had just come out. I had to do something to beef him up.
Green Stuff and Brown Stuff were my new found friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment