Thursday, November 19, 2015

My first painting competition.

We showed up at Adepticon 2007
not knowing what to expect.

A couple months before the convention, 
I was sent the Master Class miniature.
Those of us who wanted to participate all received
the same miniature.

"What the hell is this supposed to be?"
is what I said when I saw it.

Below: Here are the pieces,
with holes I drilled for modification.
It was in dire need of modification.


Now you will see that modification take shape.

Below: First the assembly, gap filling,
and paper clips. And a rudimentary head.

Below: Next, the Green Stuff.
It was still early days in my experience
with Green Stuff, and you can tell.

Below: Final result, and of all the people
who painted this same miniature for the 
Adepticon Master Class competition, mine
was chosen Best In Show.
But that was a long time ago.






No comments:

Post a Comment