Monday, November 9, 2015

Shadows Over Camelot Quest Objectives; Grail, Excalibur, Lancelot's Armor


Above: The Holy Grail finished.

Below: Grail work in progress.


Above: Before the brown wash was applied.

 Here's my palette of colors for the marble effect. I never did use that dark brown color you see.
After I got the marble done, I used a dark brown wash from the Vallejo line of washes. I didn't bathe the model in wash, but carefully added it to the recesses, to give the model added depth and bring out the details. I touched up the metallic gold with the same wash as well.
Again, you can see how I put all colors on the palette, and paint and mix as I go, with my soda cap full of water to thin as I go.


Below: Excalibur, as handed to the King of the Britons
by Nimue of the Lake.



Below: Lancelot's Armor, a work in progress. Primed gray, and metallics applied.

Lancelot's Armor finished!
I used my new brighter, less orange yellow. Mixed it with a little purple for the shading. FYI, mixing bright yellow with a dark red-purple makes an equivalent to the old GW color Snakebite Leather. I use this combination a lot in my NMM gold.

Thanks for following along. Coming up next, the Siege Engines, and then Anglo-Saxons and Picts.
I best get painting!
Turns out it takes less time to make the blog posts than it does to paint the miniatures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment